Technical Diving Instructor Training
We have the highest standards for dive instruction and this is reflected in how we train our Instructor Candidates. Some of the most successful cave and technical diving instructors in the industry have completed their instructor training at ProTec with the help of our in-house Instructor Trainers Patrick Widmann and Jake Bulman. We don’t offer bulk or quantity training. Instead, we focus on small classes with individual instruction to ensure that our Instructor Candidates succeed. We choose quality over quantity to make you a better instructor.
About our Instructor Trainers:
- Minimum of 10 years as an active scuba Instructors
- Technical and Trimix diver Instructor certification
- CCR Rebreather and CCR Cave Diving Instructor certification
- Technical Cave Instructor certification
- Sidemount Cave Instructor certification
- Worked in different countries as Dive Instructor
- A minimum of 5000 logged dives and a minimum of 3000 cave dives
How to pick an Instructor Trainer?
- Research and learn about the IT experience, the environments they are familiar with and their specialty
- Read and learn about projects they have participated in and publications they have contributed to
- Read and ask about the investment and resources you will need to become an instructor
- Ask them questions and establish a conversation about your goals and the training style
- Talk with your IT about career path, short and long term objectives, and motivation
- Look for instruction that offers you quality over quantity
- Enquire about the challenges of being an Instructor and the lifestyle
- Evaluate what your IT inspires you to do, achieve and aim for
You can check our blog to learn more about the life and experiences of the ProTec cave instructors!