The Nitrox Diver course is one of the most popular diving courses throughout the entire world, with more and more divers discovering the benefits of breathing a gas mixture with a higher oxygen content, as opposed to compressed air which the majority of us use during entry level scuba training. At ProTec we utilize Nitrox for the majority of our diving, in no small part due to the long list of benefits this gas offers divers. If you are not a Nitrox diver and are planning on training with us either in open water or the overhead environment, this class can be integrated into any of our training programs and is highly beneficial.
Using oxygen enriched air while diving reduces nitrogen absorption in the body’s tissues, allowing divers to extend their bottom time at moderate depths and reduce their decompression time. This course prepares divers to use enriched air (Nitrox) at oxygen concentrations from 22% to 40% by oxygen volume.
Course Content Includes:
- The definition and benefits of Nitrox
- The physiological concerns of using Nitrox
- The physics and mathematics behind Nitrox
- The equivalent air depth Concept
- Use of Nitrox dive tables
- Labelling cylinders for Nitrox use
- Gas analysis
- Determining the appropriate Nitrox blend for planned dives
- Use of tables and charts for Air and Nitrox dive planning
Want to learn more about our services? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions.
ProTec offers various certification combinations to help you reach your diving goals. Check out our open water Training Tracks to help you plan your trip.