Sidemount Diving Instructor
ProTec offers Sidemount Instructor Training in Open Water Sidemount Instructor and Cave Sidemount Instructor through our in-house PSAI Instructor Trainers. All of our staff are sidemount cave divers and all of our Cave Instructors are also Open Water Sidemount Instructors. Most of our Cave Instructors are also Cave Sidemount Instructors.
Assisting training programs is an integral part of instructor development. Assisting various instructors with their sidemount courses will make you a stronger, more rounded instructor. We especially encourage you to assist as many courses as possible when you are considering the Cave Sidemount Instructor rating.
Open Water Instructor Prerequisites
- Must be a PSAI OW Sidemount Diver
- Must have assisted 1 PSAI Sidemount Class
- Must be a qualified PSAI Instructor for the open water environment in which the PSAI Open Water Sidemount Diver program is conducted. For example, the PSAI Instructor must be qualified as a PSAI Advanced Nitrox Instructor if the dive plan includes staging a deco gas cylinder.
Overhead Instructor Prerequisites
- Must be a qualified PSAI Overhead Sidemount Diver.
- Must have assisted in teaching one (1) PSAI Overhead Sidemount Diver program.
- Must be a qualified PSAI Instructor for the overhead environment in which the PSAI Overhead Sidemount Diver program is conducted.
If you are serious about your future as a Sidemount Instructor, please fill out this form for detailed information and so our in-house PSAI Instructor Trainer can get in contact with you.